How to Apply for Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid

Aiken Technical College’s tuition rates are already the most affordable in the region, and there are plenty of financial aid options available to offset the cost of attendance even more.
In fact, the average financial package at ATC is more than enough to fully cover the cost of ATC's tuition and fees.
To find out how much financial aid you'll receive, you'll first need to apply for aid. Follow the steps below to file your application.
What do you need to know?
How do I apply for aid?
To apply for financial aid, start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at If you don’t own a computer, you can visit Aiken Technical College to complete the application.
  1. If you have not already done so, apply for a Federal PIN at If you are a dependent student, have your parents register for a PIN of their own.
  2. Once you have your Federal PIN, go to
  3. Click "Start a New FAFSA".
  4. Transferring Students who have already completed a FAFSA for the current year may click "Add or Delete a School Code" to transfer all of your FAFSA information to ATC.
  5. Returning Students will be given the option to pull information from their last FAFSA application into a new one.
  6. Follow the directions for the FAFSA carefully!
  7. The Federal School Code for ATC is 010056.
  8. Sign your PIN electronically using your Federal PIN.
  9. If you're unable to sign electronically, print a signature page and mail to the federal processing address listed at the bottom of the form.
When do I apply for aid?
To make sure you complete your financial aid application on time, you should start early. Although the process isn't difficult, it can be time consuming, and there are deadlines involved.
Financial Aid Application Priority Dates
Apply and supply all requested documents by the dates below to make sure the process is complete before classes start:
  • Fall Semester: July 1
  • Spring Semester: November 1
  • Summer Term: April 1
Why do I need to file a FAFSA?
The FAFSA is used to determine how much federal and state aid you may qualify for in an academic year. Any kind of aid requires a FAFSA, including subsidized and unsubsidized loans.
The FAFSA can be waived for high school students, or for those with bachelor's degrees. Certain third-party benefactors require a FAFSA to be completed before they will pay (ex. WIA, TIA, etc.).
What happens next?
  • Provide a valid email address and receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) electronically. If you don't supply a valid email address, you'll be mailed a one-page report. Follow up after five days by calling the FAFSA hotline at 1 (800) 433-3242.
  • You may be randomly selected to provide additional verification information by the federal government.
  • Respond to all requests from the Financial Aid Office immediately to avoid delays.
  • You should monitor your Financial Aid Progress 24/7 via MyATC.
fb tw

©2016 Aiken Technical College, 2276 J. Davis Highway, Graniteville SC 29829
(803) 593-9231

ATC welcomes Veterans Technical/Community College News