VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1AS10
RESPONSIBLE TO: Accountant/Fiscal Manager I
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II
STATE SALARY RANGE: $30,274 - $43,144
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: February 2010
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2010
DEADLINE: Close of business, Tuesday, March 16, 2010
JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage and perform major accounting functions including: Manage accounts receivable personnel and Bursar, reconcile and analyze financial data related to accounts receivable, preparation of Sales tax forms and reports, initiation and monitoring of internal controls. Provide financial implementation, report preparation, reimbursement requests and fiscal oversight of state and federal grants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the Comptroller's supervision, assist in preparation of draft financial statements of the College and ATC Foundation for public reporting purposes, in conformance to GASB and FASB standards.
• Supervise and manage accounts receivable unit and Cashiers, including managing electronic payments and processes (online & offline), and the collection of returned checks.
• Supervise South Carolina Department of Education Grants, Workforce Investment Act, Stimulus and other Federal and State Grants, for fiscal accountability. Prepare and submit reimbursement requests and reports as required. Implement financial control of new grants.
• Review and recommend policy and procedure changes relating to fiscal matters. Complete internal review assignments, risk management research and financial analysis. This includes sampling and testing financial records for validity and accuracy, and reviewing operation procedures to determine if sound internal safeguards are in place and properly functioning.
• Supervise banking and merchant services relationships in implementing new fiscal electronic technologies and monitoring ongoing services.
• Supervise SC Department of Revenue-Debt Offset application. Ensure compliance with bad debt collection efforts for the College; Supervise SC Department of the Treasury's unclaimed funds report & payments, including research of older transaction records.
• Ensure all manual and electronically transferred sales and charges are correctly posted to the enterprise system from the Bookstore point of sale system.
• Monthly journal entries and calculations for backcharges, procurement card purchases, use tax and other processes.
• Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to: sales tax reports, reconciliation of general ledger accounts receivable control accounts to subsidiary accounts, statistical analysis, distribution of monthly budget reports, 1098-T tax reports, back up Accounts Payable check preparation. Serves on college committees as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree with fifteen (15) semester hours in accounting related courses and two (2) years accounting experience; or, an associate degree with accounting related courses and four (4) years accounting experience. Master’s Degree and three (3) years experience preferred. Experience in Grant Accounting is desirable, but not required. Knowledge of accounting principles, computer literacy, state processes and office procedures, including management skills and knowledge is beneficial. Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills are also beneficial. Ability to write, interpret and apply financial procedures and regulations, including internal control is preferred. Ability to establish and maintain excellent work & customer relationshipsis also preferred. Ability to process and analyze financial reports, statements and data, using spreadsheets, word processors, database management and enterprise systems is essential.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: A State of South Carolina Employment Application and copies of college transcripts for all degrees earned should be mailed to Human Resources, Aiken Technical College, P. O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802. Please do not email or fax applications. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
After the deadline, those applicants meeting the minimum education and experience will be invited to take Work Keys assessment(s). For an application and more details, please visit our website at www.atc.edu.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.