VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1HS12
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dept. Chair of Nursing
STATE TITLE: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: September 2012
OPENING DATE: July 27, 2012
DEADLINE: Close of business, Thursday, September 6, 2012
Responsible for teaching in an Associate’s Degree Nursing Program. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach courses as assigned (lecture, lab and clinical) in accordance with the established syllabi of the Nursing Program.
• Advise and register assigned students; participates in retention, placement and cooperative educational experiences.
• Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi, course outlines and develops classroom expectations for each assigned course.
• Maintain accurate academic records.
• Research and recommend adequate instructional materials for the assigned courses.
• Provide, prepare and maintain adequate classroom and lab facilities and equipment for assigned courses.
• Participate in the development of departmental budgets and objectives.
• Participate in the development and coordination of course schedules.
• Participate in instructional committees.
• Assist in student recruitment.
• Participate in College committees as assigned.
• Assist in communication between the College and the community.
• Participate in the formulation, interpretation and application of division policies and procedures.
• Participate in College/community service.
• Participate in professional development activities.
Master’s Degree in Nursing required. Current license to practice as a registered nurse in South Carolina required; Georgia nursing license will be required upon employment. Three (3) years of recent nursing practice within the last (5) five years required. Computer literate and excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills as well as the ability to work independently, manage time and organize multiple tasks are essential.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Previously submitted applications will be considered.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.