VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2TE14
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dept. Chair of Nuclear & Skilled Trades
STATE TITLE: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: July 2014
OPENING DATE: May 14, 2014
DEADLINE: June 6, 2014
The Wireless Tower Instructor will provide instruction for Wireless Tower courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the established syllabi of Wireless Tower courses.
• Advise and register assigned students; participates in retention, placement and cooperative educational activities.
• Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi, course outlines and develops classroom expectations for each Wireless Tower course taught.
• Maintain accurate academic records.
• Research and recommend adequate instructional materials for courses taught.
• Provide, prepare and maintain adequate classroom and laboratory facilities and equipment courses taught.
• Participate in the development of departmental budget and objectives.
• Participate in the development and coordination of course schedules.
• Participate in instructional committees.
• Assist in student recruitment.
• Participate in College committees as assigned.
• Assist in the communication between the College and community.
• Participate in the formulation, interpretation and application of division policies and procedures.
• Participate in College/community service.
• Participate in professional development activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate’s Degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline are required. An in-depth knowledge and experience in wireless tower installation, basic electrical, OSHA safety and FA/CPR. Knowledge and experience in wireless cell phone tower installation preferred. The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and develop programs and curricula to meet industry needs. Employee must be able to work independently and use sound judgment.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.