VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1AS11
RESPONSIBLE TO: Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager
STATE TITLE: Fiscal Tech II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $24,881-$35,457
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: July 2011
OPENING DATE: June 8, 2011
DEADLINE: Close of business, Thursday, June 30, 2011
Performs all Accounts Payable functions for the College. This position provides administrative support to the Finance Department and serves as back-up for all payroll functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for Accounts Payable functions for the College which includes: entering all accounts payables by processing vendor invoices, voucher requests and travel reimbursements through Datatel; review of Procurement Card reconciliation for tax compliance, posts statement data to Datatel; copy checks and ensure all proper documentation is attached; and prepare and print 1099 MISC’s yearly.
• Performs administrative support activities to include greeting customers, answering phone calls, mail distribution and check logs, and maintaining supplies.
• Schedules facility rentals and provides customer interface for facility rental clients.
• Assists Inventory Control Manager in auditing of purchase orders and reconciliation of inventory.
• Serves as back-up to the Payroll Clerk, responsible for all Payroll functions which also includes entering payroll liabilities data into spreadsheets. Reviews with Payroll Clerk all keying of timesheets monthly and assists in W-2’s preparation.
• Other duties as assigned including working closely with auditors on fiscal year end closeout and preparing year end information for audits, participating in College activities and represents the College by engaging in community activities and cross-train in all functional areas of the Finance Department office to include general ledger, budgets, inventory control, mail, and administrative duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s Degree with accounting related courses and two (2) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience or a high school diploma and four (4) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience required. Experience using Excel spreadsheets and database management systems are preferred. Higher Education experience is also preferred.
After the deadline, those applicants meeting the minimum education and experience will be invited to take Work Keys assessment(s). For an application and more details, please visit our website at www.atc.edu.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: State of South Carolina Employment Application, resume, and copies of college transcripts for all degrees earned should be mailed to Human Resources, Aiken Technical College, P. O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802. Please do not email or fax applications. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.