VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1HS14
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Health Sciences
STATE TITLE: Academic Program Director
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: September 2014
OPENING DATE: April 17, 2014
DEADLINE: September 4, 2014
An Academic Coordinator of Radiologic Technology is responsible to the Dean of Health Sciences for management of assigned program(s) or discipline(s) and the promotion and operation of all functions related to an assigned program(s) and/or discipline(s). The Academic Coordinator performs all instructional duties, advises students and serves as a leader and example of an excellent faculty member. These duties are conducted in collaboration and coordination with program/discipline faculty.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Present course material through a variety of appropriate and effective instruction strategies to facilitate learning in accordance with course syllabi for Radiologic Technology courses. Assist in the academic advisement, recruitment and placement of assigned students, evaluation of transcript credit, and recommend course substitutions as required with input from program/discipline faculty. Maintain 8 hours of scheduled office time weekly.
• Foster communication, coordinate and ensure current course syllabi adhere to Aiken Technical College standards. Ensure that courses within the assigned area of responsibility meet program accreditation standards. In collaboration with program/discipline faculty recommends textbooks, equipment, facilities, technology and instructional materials. Ensure good lab procedures are followed. Maintain equipment and report repair and replacement needs.
• Assist and make recommendations for the hiring and evaluation of temporary adjunct faculty with input from program/discipline faculty. Recommend advisory board members and assist with meeting coordination with input from program/discipline faculty. Identify efficiencies and makes course schedule recommendations based on input from program/discipline faculty. Ensure program promotional materials are current and relevant (as applicable) with input from program/discipline faculty.
• Serve on the assessment and/or core general education outcomes committee. Develop program assessments, program reviews and provide input for program planning and execution with input from program/discipline faculty.
• Ensure College policies and procedures are followed. Communicate information to all full and part-time faculty in a timely manner. Appropriately manage timelines, submit information and complete tasks by established deadlines.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree with ARRT credentials and three (3) years work experience in the radiological field required. Preferred requirements include teaching experience in a JRCERT accredited program and five (5) years of work experience in the radiological field. Baccalaureate degree who is enrolled in an Accredited Master’s program and is eligible to graduate within one (1) year will also be considered. Applicants enrolled in an Accredited Master’s program are required to submit transcripts and the College’s program of study with the application packet.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Applicants enrolled in an Accredited Master’s program are required to submit transcripts and the College’s program of study with the application packet. Previously submitted applications will be considered. Interviews will begin on August 28, 2014 until position is filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.