VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2HS14
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dept Chair: Allied Health
STATE TITLE: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: July 2014
OPENING DATE: May 23, 2014
DEADLINE: June 13, 2014
The Pharmacy Technician Instructor will provide instruction for Pharmacy Technician courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the established syllabi of Pharmacy Technician courses.
• Advise and register assigned students; participates in retention, placement and cooperative educational activities.
• Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi, course outlines and develops classroom expectations for each Pharmacy Technician course taught.
• Maintain accurate academic records.
• Research and recommend adequate instructional materials for courses taught.
• Provide, prepare and maintain adequate classroom and laboratory facilities and equipment courses taught.
• Participate in the development of departmental budget and objectives.
• Participate in the development and coordination of course schedules.
• Participate in instructional committees.
• Assist in student recruitment.
• Participate in College committees as assigned.
• Assist in the communication between the College and community.
• Participate in the formulation, interpretation and application of division policies and procedures.
• Participate in College/community service.
• Participate in professional development activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate’s Degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline with three (3) years experience in a pharmacy setting required. Applicant is required to have graduated from an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited program and be a SC State Certified Pharmacy Technician. In addition, the applicant must be a member of a national pharmacy organization and the corresponding state affiliate as well as demonstrated contributions and commitment to pharmacy practice and patient care. This position requires travel to various clinical agencies within the CSRA.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.