VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: ADJT14
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Health Sciences
STATE CLASSIFICATION: N/A
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: 10-20 hours per week
JOB DATE: Spring/Summer/Fall 2014
OPENING DATE: January 1, 2014
DEADLINE: Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for the adjunct pool
Assist with the instruction and training within the EMT Basic program in accordance with DOT and DHEC standards. Assignments may include theory courses, skills laboratory supervision and instruction, and/or community based field learning assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the assessment, development, and updating of curriculum as it relates to EMS licensure and adult students in such a manner as to provide them with marketable job skills upon completion of the program.
• Work with the lead instructor and cooperating agencies in planning and implementing clinical experiences as assigned.
• Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a scheduled basis and provide grades at end of each course in the EMT Basic program under the supervision of the lead instructor.
• Assist in the supervision of EMT Basic students in clinical settings (as assigned) to ensure proper procedures are followed at all times, as are the procedures of the clinical facility in which the students are practicing.
• Attend the meetings of the EMT advisory committee and provide input about the relevance of curriculum and equipment utilized in the program.
• Work with lead instructor to facilitate the operation of the health simulation labs.
• Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by Aiken Technical College and assist administration in implementing all policies and/or procedures governing student conduct.
• Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records and closely monitor use of inventory items to prevent loss, damage, or theft.
Current Authorization by DHEC as an EMT Instructor and Current CPR Instructor Certification required.
Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.