VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1AS12
RESPONSIBLE TO: Info Resource Consultant II
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Computer Programmer I
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $24,881 - $35,457
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: March 2012
OPENING DATE: January 4, 2012
DEADLINE: Close of business, Friday, February 3, 2012
This position performs entry level computer programmer duties which include design, development, coding, debugging, testing, maintaining, and documentation of new and existing software applications using high-level programming languages and various database tools in a team environment. Participates in writing narratives, flow charts, diagrams and system procedures. Assists in supporting Financial Aid, Student Systems, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources and Financial Datatel modules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, document, debug, test, implement, maintain, verify security and support new and existing software applications.
• Update and enhance the technology and/or structure of software applications as assigned.
• Support all existing software applications including site changes, data feeds, and enhancements.
• Research news and trends in the software development business to ensure that applications are current in technology and standards.
• Execute performance and load tests on software applications to identify problems and enhance performance.
• Convert, format, and upload documents, data, and images to web sites using various software tools.
• Attend campus wide meetings and activities as well as serve on college committees. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: An Associate’s degree in computer science; or a high school diploma and two (2) years experience in data coordination, data control or computer operations. A bachelor’s degree in computer science, knowledge of programming techniques, multiprogramming techniques, programming languages and operating systems is preferred. Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to understand and carry out complex written and oral instructions, have good problem solving skills, strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience working in a technical team environment is also preferred. Knowledge of MS-SQL and .Net programming is beneficial. Datatel and web experience is desirable as well as the ability to work in a diverse environment. This position may travel overnight for educational purposes.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: A State of South Carolina Employment Application, resume and copies of college transcripts for all degrees earned should be mailed to Human Resources, Aiken Technical College, P. O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802. Please do not email or fax applications. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
After the deadline, those applicants meeting the minimum education and experience will be invited to take Work Keys assessment(s). For an application and more details, please visit our website at www.atc.edu.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.