VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 7TAS11
RESPONSIBLE TO: Fiscal Tech II
STATE CLASSIFICATION: N/A
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
SALARY RANGE: $11 - $12 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: 30 hours per week
JOB DATE: May 2011
OPENING DATE: April 29, 2011
DEADLINE: Close of business, Friday, May 13, 2011
Responsible for receiving cash, checks, and credit card payments and issuing accurate receipts and change. Assists the Finance Department during peak registration periods. The normal working schedule is six hours a day, five days a week; however, hours will vary during peak registration periods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accepts cash, checks, and credit cards for payment of tuition and services as well as credits student, company and grant accounts.
• Balances cash drawer daily.
• Answers student questions relating to payment plans, accounts, directions, and events. This duty requires knowledge of college campus wide departmental functions, services, locations, and events.
• Inputs details to establish in-house tuition payment plans.
• Monitors status of outstanding tuition payment plans.
• Sets up in-house student temporary advances (Town and Country Loans).
High school diploma or equivalent and (1) one year cashier or teller experience required. Ideal candidate should be able to focus on tasks in a fast-paced environment and have excellent customer service skills. Basic accounting knowledge is beneficial.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: A State of South Carolina Employment Application and copies of college transcripts for all degrees earned should be mailed to Human Resources, Aiken Technical College, P. O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802. Please do not email or fax applications. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.