VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2TE12
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Technical Education
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: November 2012
OPENING DATE: May 14, 2012
DEADLINE: Close of business, Monday, November 12, 2012
The Nuclear Quality Systems Instructor will provide instruction for the Nuclear Quality Systems (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) program courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the established syllabi to include courses in the Nuclear Quality Systems program.
• Advise and register assigned students and participate in retention, placement, and cooperative educational activities.
• Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi/course outlines/classroom expectations for each course taught to include courses in the Nuclear Quality Systems program.
• Maintain accurate academic records.
• Research and recommend adequate instructional materials for courses taught.
• Provide, prepare and maintain adequate classroom and laboratory facilities and equipment for courses taught.
• Participate in the development of departmental budget and objectives.
• Participate in the development and coordination of course schedules.
• Participate in instructional committees.
• Assist in student recruitment.
• Participate in College committees as assigned.
• Assist in communication between the College and the community.
• Participate in the formulation, interpretation and application of division policies and procedures.
• Participate in College/community service.
• Participate in professional development activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate’s Degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline are required. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years work experience as a Nuclear Quality Engineer/Manager, Nuclear Quality Inspector, or Nuclear Quality Auditor preferred.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Previously submitted applications will be considered.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.