2019 Earth Day Sustainability Expo
Aiken Technical College's Green Team will host an Earth Day Sustainability Expo on Wednesday, April 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event is funded in part from a grant from the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control. This event is free and open to the public.
The event will include a panel discussion from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. featuring:
- Dr. Kent Cubbage, biology sciences instructor, Aiken Technical College; topic: "Blown Away: Is Wind Energy Right for S.C.?"
- Nathan Dawson, deputy state procurement officer, SC Procurement Services; topic, "Green Purchasing"
- Elise Fox, fellow engineer, Savannah River National Laboratory; topic, "Solar in the Southeast"
- Chantal Fryer, senior manager of recycling market development, SC Department of Commerce; topic, "Recycling Market Development in SC"
- Adah Gorton, office of solid waste reduction and recycling, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control; topic, "Best Practices in Recycling"
The event will also include exhibits by industry partners, government agencies and environmental groups highlighting sustainable practices, advocacy, green programs, and products. Free lunch will be provided (first-come, first-serve) starting at 11:30 a.m.
Exhibitors (as of March 27, 2019):
- Aiken County/Keep Aiken County Beautiful
- ATC Green Team
- Audubon Silver Bluff Sanctuary
- City of North Augusta
- Citizens for Nuclear Technology Awareness
- Dominion Energy/SCE&G
- Green Energy Biofuel
- MTU America
- Savannah Riverkeeper
- Savannah River National Laboratory
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Savannah River Site
- Savannah River Site Watch
- SC Department of Commerce
- SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- SC Procurement Services
- SC Solar Council
- Xerox/CSRA Document Solutions