Annual Community Health Fair to be held Nov. 14
Aiken Technical College’s health sciences division will host its annual Community Health Fair on Wednesday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Activities Center gymnasium. This event is free and open to the public.
The event will include free health screenings such as dental screenings, vital sign assessments, blood pressure checks, and cholesterol checks. There will also be information on dental health, nutrition, breast cancer, medication safety, elder care, domestic violence, and mental health.
Students will lead interactive activities such as a surgical simulation, x-ray image games, and a paramedic and EMT simulation.
Several community organizations will also be present including:
- Aiken Professional Association will have information on local physician offices and services provided;
- Aiken Regional Medical Center Breast Cancer Center will provide information about breast cancer and prevention;
- Aiken Regional Medical Centers lactation consultant will be available to discuss lactation and breastfeeding tips and facts;
- Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center and Mental Health of America-Aiken will provide free depression screenings and information on suicide prevention;
- Bee Healthy will share information regarding healthy living and weight loss options;
- Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons will have information regarding its organization, and domestic and sexual violence awareness;
- doTerra Essential Oils will discuss essential oil benefits and facts;
- Family Pharmacy will be offering flu shots (insurance will be accepted or $32 cash pay) and a pharmacist will be present to answer medication questions and concerns
- Relax and Renew Massage-Aiken will offer massage therapy demonstrations and information on benefits of massages;
- Shepeard Community Blood Center will provide information on blood donations and becoming a donor; and
- University Prompt Care will have information on services its offices provide.
Attendees will be entered into drawings for door prizes.
For more information regarding the Community Health Fair, please contact Crystal Driesen, medical assisting instructor, at (803) 508-7329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.