Veterans Village Event
The Aiken County Veterans Council, in conjunction with the Aiken County Veterans Affairs, will have a Veterans Village event on Saturday, Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Aiken Technical College Student Activities Center gymnasium.
The guest speaker will be Congressman Joe Wilson.
Veterans of all ages and military services are invited to attend to:
- Learn about various veteran service organizations and the way they serve the veteran community
- Get connected locally to ensure the existence of veterans organizations for future generations
- Connect with other veterans, share stories and find out what may be available to you based on your military service
- Meet with representatives from your regional/local Veterans Affairs Offices and Charlie Norwood Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Meet and hear from your state and federal legislative representatives
Vietnam Era Veterans are encouraged to bring a copy of their DD 214 to be recognized for their contributions and service as part of the Vietnam War Commemoration effort during a pinning ceremony at noon.
The event is sponsored by Bridgestone.