Applications for 2019-2020 open on January 1 - March 1, 2020
How to apply for a scholarship:
All you need to do is fill out one application and that will determine which scholarships you are qualified for. Remember, only one scholarship application is needed to apply for all scholarships. You must have applied and have been accepted to Aiken Technical College. You must also use your @atc.edu email asssigned to you in order to log in and create a scholarship account.
Current Student Application
Private Foundation Scholarships and Awards
2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Aiken Technical College Foundation has a limited number of private scholarships. During the selection of recipients, emphasis is placed upon scholastic achievement, character, future promise and financial need. Aiken Technical College Scholarships are generally designed to “dove tail” with federal and/or state assistance. Therefore all applicants must complete the F.A.F.S.A. form. The philosophy of packaging these awards at ATC is to assist the largest number of students, by supplementing federal and state assistance with these scholarships. We feel that this enables the most number of students meeting the entire cost of tuition and fees at the college. Additional scholarships will be established as interested groups and individual's desire. Scholarships are awarded for an academic year which is the fall and spring semesters. Scholarships are not available for the summer semester except for the Vernon R. Ford Incentive and the Thomas Truitt Memorial Expanded Duty Dental Assisting Scholarship.
Minimum Scholarship Eligibility
The following minimum criteria are required; unless otherwise stipulated by the donor:
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA)
- Enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours)
- Must apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA)
Expectations of Recipient
- Following notification of scholarship award, immediately write a thank-you letter to the scholarship donor
- You must supply the ATC Foundation office with a copy of your letter
- You must try to attend the Annual Benefactor/Recipient Scholarship Breakfast held in January
- Recipient agrees that his/her award, name and photo may be released for publicity or correspondence regarding ATC Foundation activities.