2019 Fall FAFSA Night
Fall FAFSA Night will be held Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Aiken Technical College (ATC) in its 700 building. This event is hosted by ATC, USC Aiken, and the SC Commission on Higher Education.
Area parents and students will have the opportunity to receive free, personal assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-21 academic year. The FAFSA is required to determine a student’s eligibility to receive federal financial aid such as grants, work-study, and student loans. In some cases, it is also needed to determine eligibility for state and local funding.
Financial aid staff from ATC and USC Aiken will be on hand to assist students and parents with completing the FAFSA. This event is open to all students, regardless of where they plan to attend college.
Attendees will need the below information to complete the FAFSA. Those who are dependent students will need to bring information for their parent(s)/guardian(s) as well. (For information on dependent vs. independent student status, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/dependency.)
- FSA ID to sign electronically (Create your FSA ID: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid)
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number (if you have one)
- Alien Registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- 2018 federal tax information or tax returns such as:
- W-2 information
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign tax return
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of any untaxed income such as:
- Child support
- Interest income
- Veterans non-education benefits
- Information on other assets such as:
- Savings and checking account balances
- Investments, including stocks, bonds and real estate (not including the home in which you live)
- Business and farm assets
For more information about Fall FAFSA Night or documents needed, please call (803) 508-7246 or email email@example.com.
FAFSA Nights are an outgrowth of the CHE College Goal initiative. This event is the first of three FAFSA Nights planned for the 2019-20 academic year.