2022 FAFSA Night
Aiken Technical College (Aiken Tech) will host the 2022 FAFSA Night on Tuesday, October 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Aiken Tech campus in the 700 building. This event is sponsored by Aiken Tech, University of South Carolina Aiken (USC Aiken), Aiken County Public School District, and the SC Commission on Higher Education.
Aiken County high school students and their families will have the opportunity to receive free, personal assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2023-2024 academic year. The FAFSA is required to determine a student’s eligibility to receive federal financial aid such as grants, work-study, and student loans. In some cases, it is also needed to determine eligibility for state and local funding.
Financial aid staff from Aiken Tech and USC Aiken will be on hand to assist students and parents with completing the FAFSA. This event is open to all Aiken County high school students, regardless of where they plan to attend college.
Attendees will need the below information to complete the FAFSA. Those who are dependent students will need to bring information for their parent(s)/guardian(s) as well. For information on dependent vs. independent student status, visit https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/filling-out/dependency.
- FSA ID to sign electronically (Create your FSA ID: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch)
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number (if you have one)
- Alien Registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- 2021 federal tax information or tax returns such as:
- W-2 information
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign tax return
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of any untaxed income such as:
- Child support
- Interest income
- Veterans non-education benefits
- Information on other assets such as:
- Savings and checking account balances
- Investments, including stocks, bonds and real estate (not including the home in which you live)
- Business and farm assets
For more information about FAFSA Night or documents needed, please call (803) 508-7263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.