Applications Being Accepted for Mobile Hotspots
Aiken Technical College has received funding under South Carolina’s Online Learning Initiative to allow eligible students to receive hotspots devices to assist with their remote learning needs. Under Act 142, the State Legislature has appropriated a portion of the federal CARES Act funding to supply at least 100,000 student households across South Carolina with free internet through December 2020. The service on the devices is only guaranteed to be paid through December 31, 2020.
The household must meet all of the following to be eligible for this offer:
- Have at least one currently registered student in the household attending Aiken Technical College;
- Household does not currently have internet service;
- Need internet for educational purposes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Family income must be 250% or less of federal poverty guidelines based on household size.
How to Apply
ATC students interested in this program should visit the ISM Helpdesk located in Room 219 of the Ashley J. Little Building (100/200 Building) to fill out a Mobile Hotspot Device Application form. For more information or questions regarding free mobile hotspots and monthly internet service, please contact ISM Helpdesk by phone at 803-508-7257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The program is limited to one hotspot per household and has a limited number of hotspots available.
- Households that meet the eligibility criteria and are awarded a hotspot under this program will be notified by email/phone, and pick up will be arranged.
- The mobile hotspot becomes the receiving household’s property upon receipt. As such, equipment and technical issues are not the responsibility of Aiken Technical College.
- All lost, stolen, or damaged hotspots are the responsibility of the household.
- The hotspot or Internet access will only be used for educational purposes, and the content is filtered in compliance with the Children's Internet Protection Act.
- The hotspot provider will provide all service and support.
- Aiken Technical College is not responsible for any computing device connected to the mobile hotspot.
- Any service beyond December 31, 2020 is the receiving household’s responsibility.
College Internet and Wi-Fi Availability
Aiken Technical College offers a wide range of Internet and Wi-Fi options.
Students may use computers in the College’s Library and Student Success Center to access the Internet as well as Wi-Fi. The Library (1000 building) and Student Success Center (700 building) are open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, all of campus buildings have Wi-Fi access, including outside commons areas.
The College is also providing Wi-Fi services from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily in parking lot 7 (next to the Security building).
- How to Access MyATC Wi-Fi:
- Access Wi-Fi connections from your mobile device or laptop.
- Select “MyATC Wi-Fi” from the available networks.
- Once connected, open your browser of choice, type in a web address, and the “MyATC Wifi” login screen will appear.
- Faculty, staff, and students must login using their MyATC Account credentials (username/password) normally used to access computers on campus.