Continuing Education: Introduction to Computers
The Introduction to Computers course is an 8-hour class designed to provide training for participants to be able to complete common tasks more quickly. Computers can help you pay bills or find information on health or other topics. Computers can also help you reach goals like finding a job and improving your career.
Participants for this course will meet Tuesday, June 7 and Thursday, June 9 from 5:30-9:30 p.m. on both dates. Participants must be able to attend both dates. The course is FREE for South Carolina residents and is $75 for non-South Carolina residents. To register, contact Patricia Whitfield at email@example.com or call (803) 508-7362.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe why computers are important
- Explain how computers work
- Explain the difference between computer hardware and computer software
- Describe what an operating system is
- Identify the operating system you have on your own computer and phone
- Explain office productivity and communications software
- Start up and shut down computers properly
- Use the mouse and keyboard to complete tasks on the computer
- Identify the different groups of keys on the computer
- Create, open, save, and manage files and folders