ATC New Strategic Plan to Take Effect July 1
Aiken Technical College has finalized its new five-year strategic plan, which takes effect July 1.
The new strategic plan includes a new College vision, revised mission, five strategic goals and four objectives under each goal.
“We are excited about this new strategic plan. The College has accomplished many great things over the years, and this plan builds onto those successes to take the College to the next level,” said Dr. Forest E. Mahan, ATC President.
The College contracted with Dr. Anthony Robinson of Robinson Management Consulting to lead the institution through the strategic planning process and to engage ATC administration, employees, students, partners and community members in the development of the plan.
Their input was then used to help guide the direction of the strategic plan and identify strengths, areas of improvement, and new opportunities.
One of the most notable changes is the College’s new vision which states the College “seeks to be the first choice for higher education in the region.”
“I want to change the perception of what it means to go to college,” said Mahan. “Aiken Technical College has a lot to offer residents and business and industry in our area. When we say ‘first choice’, we want people to think of us as a place to start the journey toward their goals—whether that is to gain employable skills to go into the workforce or build the foundation for a bachelor’s degree.”
Other highlights from the plan:
Mission: Aiken Technical College is a public open-door, two-year, comprehensive institution of higher education established to provide citizens of greater Aiken County opportunities for educational and workforce development.
- Provide transformative, enriching and engaging academic programs and student experiences to serve the educational and workforce development needs of our students and the region.
- Position the College as the first choice for education and workforce development through effective communication, promotion and branding.
- Create strategic collaborations with academic, community and industry partners to develop and empower students through additional educational opportunities.
- Cultivate an engaging environment of excellence to attract, retain and develop a diverse campus of students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Expand organizational funding through regional support, student enrollment, and grants to provide innovative learning opportunities for students.