Sustainability Expo to Focus on Community Impact
Aiken Technical College will host its second annual Sustainability Expo on Wednesday, March 11 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the College’s Student Activities Center gymnasium. The event is free and open to the public.
“The expo provides an opportunity to bring our community on campus to learn about sustainable practices and programs in our area. The theme of the expo is “how sustainability impacts communities.” We have asked our speakers and exhibitors to tie into the theme,” said Jill Uhler, chair of the College’s ATC Green team which organizes the event.
Speakers and exhibitors will share information about programs and practices being implemented in area companies and in the community. They will also provide some ideas attendees can implement at home.
The Aiken Technical College Foundation will also collect donations of non-perishable food items and personal hygiene items for the College’s Blessing Box.
Exhibits will open at 9 a.m. and remain open for the duration of the event. This year’s exhibitors include:
- Aiken Beekeepers Association
- Aiken County Department of Solid Waste
- Aiken Master Gardeners Association
- ATC Green Team
- Citizens for Nuclear Technology Awareness
- City of Aiken
- City of North Augusta
- Dominion Energy
- Green Energy Biofuel
- Keep Aiken County Beautiful
- Palmetto Pride
- Savannah Riverkeeper
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- SC Department of Commerce
- SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Shark Solutions
- SRP Federal Credit Union
- Sustainability Literacy
- The Sierra Club
A speaker panel will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Speakers include:
- Tonya Bonitatibus, Savannah Riverkeeper
- John Carman, City of Aiken Energy and Environment Committee
- Blair Cogburn, Green Energy Biofuel
- Alexandra Miller, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- George Montgomery, Aiken Master Gardener Association
- Esther Wagner, Palmetto Pride
Free lunch (first-come, first-served) will be available starting at 11:30 a.m. The event will conclude with prize drawings.
For more information about the event, contact Uhler at email@example.com or (803) 508-7247.