Aiken Technical College is a certified provider of American College Testing (ACT) Inc. testing and training. Services are available to students and residents of the CSRA. We operate on a walk-in basis and a picture ID is required for services. We are located in our new state-of-the-art facility in Building 700, Room 742.
American College Testing ACT www.act.org
Helpful Hints for Testing
- Valid photo ID is required. Current official photo ID must be issued by Aiken Technical College or city/state/federal government (such as driver’s license or state issued ID or passport).
- Applicants wanting to take the College’s entrance exam (all or portion) must now provide their Student ID number prior to arriving in the Test Center.
- We are unable to accept cash on Saturdays. Please bring a check, money order or credit card for payment.
- The Accuplacer is a computerized self-paced, untimed test. The test is delivered in a multiple choice format. Most students complete the test within 1.5 to 2 hours. The test is adaptive; the Accuplacer determines which questions will be given next based upon previous answers. This provides a more accurate method of measuring an individual student's skill levels than a general test. It also means that no two tests taken are precisely the same. You are encouraged to give each question as much thought as you wish before selecting your final answer. Your scores will determine which English and math courses you are eligible to take.
- The Accuplacer has three parts:
1. Reading Comprehension: Questions measure reading skills, such as identifying the main idea and making inferences, through the comprehension of short passages.
2. Sentence Skills: Questions measure understanding of sentence structure and grammar.
3. Mathematics: Questions range from Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra to college-level mathematics and measure a range of math skills from basic arithmetic concepts and operations to college-level math concepts. You will begin with one section and, depending on your performance, may advance to another section.
Students are allowed one retake of the Accuplacer test after 48 hours have elapsed.
- After you complete the Accuplacer you will be instructed by the Test Center staff to proceed to the Enrollment Center to make an appointment for advisement.