Aiken Technical College is open and ready to serve our students and the community!
The College will continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control. As always, our primary concerns are the safety and well-being of our students, employees, and campus guests.
This page will be updated as new information is available.
Health & Safety Measures
The College is taking several actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our campus community. Although these actions do not completely eliminate the risks related to COVID-19, we believe that we can significantly reduce possible risks with everyone doing their part to prevent the spread of germs.
- The College is frequently cleaning and disinfecting public spaces and frequently shared items.
- Hand sanitizer stations are conveniently located in all campus buildings.
- Plexiglas guards may be used in high-traffic areas on campus or in small meeting spaces at an employee or department discretion.
Students, employees, and campus guests should also follow the below guidelines while on campus:
- As of June 1, 2021, masks and physical distancing are no longer required on campus. While masks are no longer required, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends continued use of face coverings or masks for those who are unvaccinated. Each individual may choose whether to wear a mask. Students, employees, and campus guests will not be required to be vaccinated.
- Frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer when it is not possible to wash your hands.
- Students, employees, and campus guests should not come to campus if they are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms or have recently interacted with a known COVID-19 patient. Employees should notify their supervisor. Students should notify their instructor.
The below list provides links to learn more about COVID-19, health and safety guidelines, and other resources.