Aiken Technical College is open and ready to serve our students and the community!
The College continues to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control. As always, our primary concerns are the safety and well-being of our students, employees, and campus guests.
This page will be updated as new information is available.
Health & Safety Measures
The College is taking several actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our campus community. Although these actions do not completely eliminate the risks related to COVID-19, we believe that we can significantly reduce possible risks with everyone doing their part to prevent the spread of germs.
- Effective August 18, all students, faculty, staff, and campus guests are required to wear face masks or appropriate face coverings while in public areas on campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- The College is frequently cleaning and disinfecting public spaces and frequently shared items.
- Hand sanitizer stations are conveniently located in all campus buildings.
- Plexiglas guards may be used in high-traffic areas on campus or in small meeting spaces at an employee or department discretion.
Students, employees, and campus guests should also follow the below guidelines while on campus:
- Wear face masks or appropriate face coverings while in public areas on campus, regardless of vaccination status;
- Frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer when it is not possible to wash your hands;
- Notify your supervisor (employees) or instructor (students) if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19; and
- Practice social distancing when possible.
The below list provides links to learn more about COVID-19, health and safety guidelines, and other resources.