Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), also known as Two-Factor or Two-Step verification. MFA is a security system that verifies a user’s identity by requiring multiple credentials. Rather than only asking for a username and password, MFA requires an additional credential, such as a pin code from a user’s smartphone, approval from a mobile app installed on a user’s smartphone, or a phone call to a specified phone number. ATC employees attempting to access their Office 365 account (email, OneDrive, etc.) from off campus will be required to setup/authenticate using the new security feature.
Steps for Setting up Your MFA Account
3 Steps to Setup your MFA Account
- Follow this link to setup your account https://aka.ms/mfasetup
- Select a Multi-Factor Authentication option that works best for you.
- Microsoft Authenticator app on your cell phone. (Recommended)
- Receive a text code to an authentication phone.
- Receive a phone call to an authentication phone.
- Follow the option steps below.