Frequently Asked Questions

Veteran Affairs

Yes. It is the student’s responsibility to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration with the exception of Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) and Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) recipients.

Post 9/11 recipients are responsible for any balance remaining not covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Yes. With the exception of Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation), all VA education programs including Post 9/11 recipients are responsible for purchasing books out of pocket. Post 9/11 book stipends are paid directly to the student. Chapter 31 recipient’s books are paid by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The fiber optic technician, tower drone, and tower wireless technician programs are approved for VA benefits at this time.

Yes. Everyone is encouraged to apply for financial aid. Tuition and fees are due to the College prior to the release of benefits. Veterans and family members receiving benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill (CH 30), Dependents Educational Assistance (CH 35) and Montgomery G.I. Bill – Selected Reserves (CH 1606) are responsible for paying tuition and fees and should apply for financial aid. In many cases, you may be eligible for additional funds that can help cover costs outside of benefits.

Only Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607 recipients must verify enrollment on the last day of each month with the VA by calling 1-877-823-2378 or online through Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE).

Chapter 35 (spouse or child) participants in a certificate or diploma program will receive a Student Verification of Enrollment Form 8979 from the VA monthly to verify enrollment.

Yes. A reduction in hours and enrollment status from full time to less-than full time, etc. will create an overpayment of benefits to you.

You should notify the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Veterans Affairs/Financial Aid Specialist immediately. Prompt notification can prevent or reduce overpayments. If the VA does not receive prompt notification of changes in enrollment or termination of enrollment, you will have an overpayment with the VA.

Yes. You must be enrolled in at least seven (7) semester hours to receive BAH. Enrollment in distance learning courses only (all online or open lab type courses) will reduce the monthly housing allowance and is paid at 50% of your eligibility rate.

Chapter 35 recipients in an associate degree program may take online or distance learning courses. However, Chapter 35 recipients in a certificate or diploma program cannot take online or distance learning courses.

Yes.  ATC is a member of the Student Veterans Association (SVA).  For more information, contact Standly Dicks, SVA advisor at or Lauren Gossett, SVA advisor at .

Yes. The Student Veterans lounge is located in the Student Activities building, Suite 920 – Room 923. 

Apply for Aid Now

Submit a free application for financial aid.

Apply for 23-24 Now!

Loading ....Loading ....



Related Links