Continuing Education: Certified Tower Technician Course
Aiken Technical College will offer its next Certified Tower Technician course November 30- December 12. This course prepares students for entry-level wireless tower technician level one positions.
During the 12-day course (no class on Sundays), students receive 120 hours of state-funded training in areas such as telecommunication regulations and standards, authorized climber, worksite hazard awareness, rigging, LTE installation, and basic electricity. Students also receive several industry certifications such as first aid/CPR and OSHA-10.
To enroll, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be physically able to carry a body harness weighing 70 pounds
- Be committed to completing the program.
The course is currently tuition-free for accepted applicants thanks to funding from the Pathways Grant and VA benefits funding.
For more information or to apply, contact Patricia Whitfield at (803) 508-7362 or email@example.com.