Students attending college for the first time must take the ATC Accuplacer Placement test or send acceptable SAT/ACT test scores to the Enrollment Services Center. You will then have to make an appointment for orientation and advisement.
Continuing or returning students will be assigned an advisor according to their program of study. You are responsible for making an appointment with your advisor prior to the start of the semester. Your advisor will then release you to register.
Once you've been approved, please follow the below steps:
1. Login to your MyATC Portal. The link is available in Student Resources located at the top of every webpage.
2. Click on “Self-Service” located under “Student Links” (the middle top box on the MyATC Portal home page).
3. Click on “Student Planning.”
4. Click on “Plan and Schedule.”
5. When this page opens, you will see the courses that have been planned and approved for you by your advisor. Please make sure that each class has a green thumbs up. If there are NO green thumbs up, you have not been approved, and you CANNOT register.
6. For each course that you wish to register, select “View Available Sections.” All sections will appear. Any sections in RED are closed and not available for registration. For some courses, such as ENG 101, there may be more than one page of sections.
7. Once you find a section that works for you/your schedule, click the yellow box in the list on the left side of the page, or you can click on the blue text of the box on the scheduling grid. A smaller window will open. Click the “Add section” box on the right side of the window.
8. This action will cause all other open courses to close. For the course that has a section selected, a “Register” button will appear. The “Register Now” button will also appear in the upper right section of the Student Planning page.
9. Continue selecting sections until you have a schedule that meets your needs.
10. If you have not registered at this point, click “Register Now” in the upper right corner. A disclaimer from the Business office will appear. Read and click “OK.”
11. The registration process will take a few moments. You will know you are successfully registered when you see ALL green checks.
12. Once you have registered, you can then print your schedule.