Technical Scholars are expected to adhere to the regulations listed below. Failure to do so may result in termination.
1. A Technical Scholar is expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be a full-time student (12 semester hours Fall and Spring, 9 semester hours in summer term).
2. If the Scholar’s GPA falls below the established GPA requirement, the Scholar will be placed on probation. If the student’s GPA falls below 2.5 during the probationary term, the Scholar will lose his/her Technical Scholars sponsorship. Exceptions to this will be dealt with on an individual basis with agreement from the sponsoring company, Aiken Technical College, and the Scholar. Should a Scholar lose his/her sponsorship, he or she may continue at the College bearing his or her own expenses, if the student is not subject to the College’s established academic suspension policy.
3. If a Scholar must repeat a course, he or she will be responsible for the cost of repeating the course.
4. The Scholar must maintain a GPA level of 3.0 or better to be eligible to work over twenty (20) hours per week. Additional work hours are contingent upon the company’s need for the Scholar to work overtime.
5. Scholars who lose their sponsorship may be required to return all books and supplies billed to the sponsoring company.
6. Each semester, the participating company and Aiken Technical College advisors evaluate Technical Scholars’ work and academic performance. Technical Scholars are responsible for reporting their mid-term and final grades, attendance, and other college information to the sponsoring company, in a timely manner, each semester. At the end of the semester, the College will forward transcripts for Tech Scholars to each company.
7. Sponsoring companies may expect Scholars to take additional courses and/or to meet other academic or work standards as a part of their sponsorship requirements.
8. Scholars are subject to losing their sponsorship for not complying with college/academic program policies, procedures, and requirements and/or for not complying with the sponsoring company’s policies, procedures, and requirements. Scholars in violation of college policies and procedures may be subject to the consequences associated with that specific policy or procedure.
9. Technical Scholars must enroll in EGR 105, Safety in the Workplace during their first semester in the program.
10. In accordance with FERPA, Technical Scholars by signing below allow the College to provide the student’s sponsoring company with his/her academic, attendance, and/or other relevant records and information.