Federal Direct Loan
The Federal Direct Loan Program is designed to assist students with their cost of education. Unlike a grant, a loan must be paid back. Aiken Technical College offers a vast number of free aid programs and we encourage students to seek all free aid resources before considering loans.
To qualify for a Direct Loan students must meet the following requirements:
- Meet Title IV Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours
- Enroll in an eligible program
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or in a Title IV overpayment status
New student borrowers must complete the following items to apply for a Federal Direct Loan:
Returning student borrowers must complete the following items to apply for a Direct Stafford Loan:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.studentaid.gov
- Apply for a loan through financial aid Self-Service
New & Returning Students
You will receive an award letter from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of your loan award. You must accept the loan by signing your award letter through financial aid Self-Service for the funds to be available for tuition payment purposes or for purchases in the ATC Bookstore.