A student who submits a completed Withdrawal/Add/Drop Form within the specified deadlines for the academic term for which the refund is requested may receive a refund. The schedule for a refund of tuition may be obtained from the Enrollment Services Center at Aiken Technical College at (803) 508-7263.
- Should the College cancel a class, the College refunds the full tuition with no action required by the student.
- A student who elects to request an exemption exam for course(s) after the add/drop date is not eligible for a refund since a grade will be issued.
- When a withdrawal results in the student taking fewer than 12 credit hours, the College recalculates tuition based upon the remaining credit hours. The difference between the tuition after withdrawal and the original charge is the basis for calculating any refund.
- The College refunds full tuition and fees for the current term to the beneficiary of any student who dies while enrolled as a credit student.
- Should a specified calendar refund date fall on a Saturday, a Sunday or a holiday on which the College's administrative offices are closed, the applicable calendar day will be the first calendar day the administrative offices are open for business after the Saturday, Sunday or holiday.
To view our required disclosures and contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.
Title IV Student Aid
A Title IV-sponsored student "earns” aid by successfully attending class. The aid is not fully earned until the ninth week of class. Refunds are consistent with ordinary refund policies, but may result in a student owing the College or the federal government if they withdraw prior to the ninth week of classes. A student who never attends a class in any or all courses is considered to have withdrawn before the start of the term. A student withdrawing after the periods required receives no refund unless the Vice President of Enrollment Management determines extenuating circumstances were present over which the student had no control and the student could not reasonably foresee at the time of registration.
Workforce and Business Development
Consult the Workforce and Business Development section of this web page for information on refunds.
Veterans Administration Benefits
A student receiving Veterans Administration benefits while enrolled in a non-degree program receives a pro rata refund of tuition and refundable fees calculated on the number of class days attended.
Refunds Due to Academic Suspension
A student who has paid tuition and non-refundable fees for an upcoming term and is subsequently placed on academic suspension for that term receives a 100 percent refund of tuition and fees paid.